Monday, January 24, 2011

My French Film Festival

This past week, I have been spending more time at my computer at home. No, not to do work thank goodness, but to watch French films streaming to my computer at My French Film Festival:
http://www.myfrenchfilmfestival.com/en/
It is organized by uniFrance (the organization that bring French film to foreign countries: http://en.unifrance.org/), and there are 10 feature films in competition fore best film prizes in a number of categories which include an prize awarded by an official jury of from the international, a prize voted for by film goers, and a jury of foreign bloggers. The films are very diverse in their subjects from comedies like Maiwenn's Le Bal des Actrices to dramas such as Pascal Elbe's Tete de Turc and Christopher Thompson's Bus Palladium. Many films are from first-time directors such as Maiwenn, Elbe, and Thompson who are all French actors. So far, my vote for the best film is Elbe's Tete de Turc. This gripping drama sensitively depicts some of the issues facing multicultural and multiracial France, but also is very humanistic in its depictions of family relationships. It is very reasonable to watch a film which is $2.63, but you can buy a package of all 10 films for $13.65. There is also a package to watch the shorts film selection as well. Subtitles in the language you choose are included. Except with some technical issues with streaming to my Internet service provider's server, this has been a good experience, and I have had access to some some really good French films I might not have been able to see otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment